Given the expense of Internet, I don’t have much time to write in detail. But, here are a few highlights from the last week:
– Crossing Ngozumpa glacier twice in one day, seeing new ice walls revealed and new small ponds forming.
– Seeing how Spillway Lake, Ngozumpa has changed in 3 months.
– Making it down from the glacier to Namche, 18 miles, in one push, with a 45+ lb pack.
– Watching Nepal beat India in a soccer match. The locals set up a screen and projector in the streets of Namche.
– Experiencing the market (meats, fruits, veggies) in Namche.
– Getting blessed at Tengboche Monastery
– Seeing the rimpoche (one step below the Dalai Lama) at Tengboche Monastery
– Hiking through a misty rhododendron forest
– Trying seabuck thorn juice – delicious!
– Catching glimpses of Everest and Lhotse, in the setting sun
Total distance covered: ~45 miles
Onwards and upwards to Imja!